Saturday, February 28, 2015

Gaia Altshuler "Monopoly: Technology Edition"

Creative Commons License
Technology Monopoly by Gaia Altshuler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.


















The argument for my final paper is that the "art of play & imagination" in childhood has been lost dues to the advancements of technology, which in turn has changed parenting styles.  For my remix assignment, I remixed the board game, Monopoly. Board games were a great part of my childhood and it is also something that I feel like is disappearing amongst childhood. By remixing Monopoly, I emphasized that technology has taken over the art of play in childhood. I did this by selling APPS instead of HOUSES, and the whole game revolves around how technology has hindered imagination and parenting because now kids have instant entertainment. I will be explaining the different parts of this game in greater detail in class. I really enjoyed this assignment, as it made us use our creativity and look at our topic through another critical lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment