Monday, March 2, 2015

Blame it - Remix


Blame it -- Remix assignment from Michael Gooch on Vimeo.
Creative Commons License
Blame It Remix by Michael is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

For my remix, I chose to use the original media content of Jamie Foxx's song “Blame It (On The Alcohol)” and DU's new video campaign to prevent sexual assault called “It's On Us”. My topic is about sexual assault and rape culture on college campuses. I thought that the song by Foxx promoted rape culture with its lyrics and the DU video did the opposite.I think by mixing the two, I was able to have the meaning say something else. The seriousness of the clips from the ad campaign mixed in with the sketchiness of the music video allows the viewer to take it more seriously and actually think about what the words are saying. I used Adobe Premier video editing software and it took me quite some time to understand how to work the editing process but I tried to make the transitions smooth. I originally was just going to use the audio but I felt that seeing the actions that the song promoted, intertwined with students speaking against it helped my message.  

No comments:

Post a Comment