Monday, March 2, 2015

What is Cyber Terrorism Remix Assignment

Creative Commons License
What is Cyber Terrorism by Taylor Stimpson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
My topic is Cyber Warfare and Cyber Terrorism and attempting to raise awareness about the fact that this issue exists and is not a phenomena of the future, it is happening now. I chose to remix a documentary called Definition of Terrorism done by The Bridges Foundation, with photos and a video from the hacker group Anonymous. I did this in an attempt to get people to think about hacking as a form of terrorism. I tried to put the pictures in mostly whenever the word terrorism was used to get people to associate these images. We need to come up with a hard definition of cyber warfare and cyber terrorism and this is also a step towards that process. The process of mixing these sources was interesting for me because I am not good with technology and finding the perfect place and the perfect cut was difficult. I had to cut things many times to try and make it so that it was not in the middle of a sentence. Also finding a good length for the project was hard because I could have gone on for a whole ten minutes remixing this project because there were so many different avenues I could choose to go down. I found it vert liberating and exciting when I was finally done thought because I felt like I accomplished something really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment