Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Man Not Machine Digital Advocacy Campaign


The aim of my campaign was to educate the general public on a complex issue that remains relatively hidden from the public eye. For my campaign, I decided to create a website (www.mannotmachine.weebly.com) with educational information on the debate against transhumanism. On the front page, I titled the page “Man Not Machine” which is the title of my entire campaign. As a description of the campaign I state “In a world where our technology already serves as an extension of ourselves, how long will it be until we cease to be human and let the machine take over?”. There is also a button inviting visitors to join the campaign, taking them to the twitter page of the campaign.  On my Twitter (www.twitter.com/xmannotmachinex) piece of the campaign, this page served as a living and dynamic page, updating with videos, pictures and posts, with both sides of the issue. I followed many different profiles, ranging from medical and technological personnel, to different media outlets. On each of my posts, I posted the hash tag #mannotmachine to promote the name of the campaign. I have a link to my website as well a small description of the campaign in the Twitter profile “With the impending technological advances, educate yourselves on the transhumanist movement. To keep our humanity, we must remember that we are man, not machine”. I chose to create a website, as it provided me more freedom to speak on the educational piece as well as give clear definitions and central domain. The Twitter feed allowed more of a spread of information with the connectivity and exposure Twitter allows. Twitter also allowed more of an active and working resource feed to my followers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment