Wednesday, March 11, 2015

#WarnOurGuys and #SwipeOutRapeCulture -- Tinder

I have included my powerpoint that I used to describe my digital activism project. I wanted to get creative and I have heard about a few companies who have used Tinder, a dating/hook up app, to promote an idea. I created the images and slogans myself and went through the process of creating a Facebook to get my pictures on the Tinder account because you need a Facebook account to be connected.

I thought the warning aspect of it was good to not deter guys away immediately. My demographic that I was targeting were college males from 18-24 who I believe is the most important group we should be educating about rape culture, if not earlier. I myself was really unaware of it before this school year and I hope to help educate other guys. They can get educated on the Tumblr I made to share information, quotes, images, etc. I also encourage and call them to use the hashtags I created (#WarnOurGuys and #SwipeOutRapeCulture -- a play on words because you swipe left or right on Tinder) and to screenshot my image and make it their profile picture.

I think it was successful so far because I had matched up with over 50 dudes, which means we both mutually swiped right. I swiped "yes" on everyone and those who swiped "yes" on me were able to message me. A good thing is that anyone who stumbles upon me can see my entire profile without having to swipe right. That way I am still getting awareness out, but those who choose to swipe yes are supporting the cause.




http://warnourguys.tumblr.com/
 Instagram.com/warnourguys

No comments:

Post a Comment